Remember in my first post when I said part of why I wanted to start blogging was to be a part of the awesome blogging/sewing/creating community? Well, 4 months into this gig and I get nominated for the Liebster Award!
How cool is that?! A huge thanks goes out to Britney Lee over at All Things Britney Lee for nominating me! She is such a sweetheart AND she loves Disney… totes cool in my book.
Upon doing some research, this award was created to recognize, introduce, and discover new bloggers to the blogosphere. Pretty sweet deal as it’s hard enough getting the word out there without bugging your friends and family too much (“Have you seen my blog? You don’t sew? I DON’T CARE, READ IT!”).
Anyhoo, there are some rules!
First, I must answer the questions my nominator proposed:
1. what are some of your favorite movies?
The Little Mermaid is a given if you know me. I have too much TLM swag for a 30-something year old (sorry not sorry). Other movies include The Lion King, Aladdin, and embarrassingly enough A Goofy Movie. I kind of like Disney if you can’t tell. If I had to choose a non-animated film, it would be White Oleander.
2. what is one of your favorite quotes?
3. if you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
I have always wanted to learn how to sing well. I was in church choir as a young RED, but I can’t carry a tune to save my life. Apologies to all whom I have karaoke’d with.
Also one of my lifetime goals is to be fluent in Japanese. I know enough to get by, but I want to master it!
4. if you had to change you first name, what would you change it to?
5. what are three pet peeves of yours?
People not telling me hi or even acknowledging me when I tell them hi or good morning. You’re immediately on my poop list if you’re just a jerk that way.
Heavy nose breathing.
Shoes on the furniture.
6. what is your favorite joke?
What do you call cheese that isn’t yours? ….. NACHO (NOT-YO) CHEESE! HAHAHAHA
It’s lame, but the only one I can remember.
7. what are three of your guilty pleasures?
Watching terrible MTV shows like The Jersey Shore or Teen Wolf. I don’t watch much TV as we don’t have cable, but Amazon Prime is amaaaazing.
Karaoke. You can’t have lived in Japan and not love it.
Listening to terrible music.
8. if you knew you were going to die tomorrow, what would you do today?
Round up all of my family and friends for one last hurrah at Disney World. I of course would make everyone ride The Little Mermaid: Ariel’s Undersea Adventure so much they would want to kill me… which is probably how I would die…?
9. what is your favorite physical features about yourself.
I’ve grown to love my body as I like to think I’m holding up pretty well as I get older. But I get complimented on my eyes a lot, so I guess those. Plus, it’s the most fun part to put makeup on.
10. why are you so awesome?
Next, I must nominate bloggers whom I think should get the award.
Deedle and Thread, you’re it!
So, um, after a bit of research it looks like most of the bloggers I wanted to nominate have already received the Liebster Award! I am such a n00b, oh no! So I’ll just say check out these new-ish blogs (along with the also awesome old-ish blogs listed in my blogroll at the bottom of my page!):
And now for my 10 questions:
1. What got you into sewing/creating/doing the thing you do?
2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
3. What would your perfect vacation look like?
4. Have you ever met any celebrities and if so, who?
5. What got you into blogging?
6. What was your most embarrassing moment?
7. Where is your favorite place to shop?
8. What scares you the most?
9. Where do you find inspiration?
10. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Alright, so your mission, if you choose to accept it, is:
1. Link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Answer the ten questions above.
3. Nominate ten other bloggers (all bloggers must have less than 200 followers).
4. Create ten questions of your own.
5. Notify the bloggers you have nominated.
Congrats and keep on being awesome!
P.S. The picture below is for YOU, Diana!!